How’s the weather?

Cpvr

4 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

It’s going to be a hot summer for us. We usually hit 100 degrees or more during the summer with a heat index of 110-115. At least, that’s what happened last summer and the year prior. They’re saying we might hit 90 degrees on Friday. How hot does it usually get in Michigan in the summer? I don’t remember it ever getting passed 90 something when I lived in Massachusetts. lol

It gets into the 90s here during the summer and I am pretty sure we had one day that had a heat index of 100*. I didn't even go outside that day.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, Soulwatcher said:

It gets into the 90s here during the summer and I am pretty sure we had one day that had a heat index of 100*. I didn't even go outside that day.

I don’t blame you one bit! When its over 90-100 out here, I try to stay in the ac. It’s 88 degrees today, but feels like 94.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cpvr said:

I don’t blame you one bit! When its over 90-100 out here, I try to stay in the ac. It’s 88 degrees today, but feels like 94.

WOW, that's hot and it's not even summer yet. It was 67* here and had a nice cool breeze and sunshine.  We had our grandson over and all the windows were open.

16 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

WOW, that's hot and it's not even summer yet. It was 67* here and had a nice cool breeze and sunshine.  We had our grandson over and all the windows were open.

It gets bad out here, but I’m kinda used to it now🤣. It’s currently 84 degrees out here and cloudy. It doesn’t look like we’ll soon the sun today. We might get a storm tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cpvr said:

It gets bad out here, but I’m kinda used to it now🤣. It’s currently 84 degrees out here and cloudy. It doesn’t look like we’ll soon the sun today. We might get a storm tomorrow.

At least it was cloudy for you today, it was 62 and sunny here today and my wife and I went to the grocery store and the phone store.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

At least it was cloudy for you today, it was 62 and sunny here today and my wife and I went to the grocery store and the phone store.

It felt amazing yesterday even though it was still hot. Today is 78 degrees and cloudy again, but we’re supposed to get a lot of rain. We just got a small shower and some storms are going to start later on today. We might get a few inches of rain.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

We just got a small shower and some storms are going to start later on today. We might get a few inches of rain

Oh no, I hope you guys don't get any flooding. It always floods when we get a couple of inches of rain.

43 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

Oh no, I hope you guys don't get any flooding. It always floods when we get a couple of inches of rain.

Thank you! We usually don’t flood, but parts of Houston do. We haven’t flooded on this side of town since Hurricane Harvey. A lot of our streets are on higher ground and we have a lot of trees that soak up the water. It’s 50% rain chances till 4am and it just started. It’s also bringing a minor cold front with it. It’ll be in the low 70’s tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cpvr said:

Thank you! We usually don’t flood, but parts of Houston do. We haven’t flooded on this side of town since Hurricane Harvey. A lot of our streets are on higher ground and we have a lot of trees that soak up the water. It’s 50% rain chances till 4am and it just started. It’s also bringing a minor cold front with it. It’ll be in the low 70’s tomorrow.

I am glad that you are on higher ground with lots of trees. We are in a city with hardly any trees. So if it rains hard we get flooded spots around the city and if it rains really hard people's basements flood.

5 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

It feels nice and cool out today. The high is only 57 degrees which is a bit odd for this time of year but I'll take it over 79 degrees any day! The sun is shining as well. 😄

I agree 50~70 degrees is good for me. Any hotter and I start feeling uncomfortable and 80+ degrees is the danger zone for me because I don't sweat because of the medicine that I am on. If it is 80+ degrees I can only be out for a few minutes I have to be in the air or I can overheat, which is why we do everything in the mornings during the summer.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

I am glad that you are on higher ground with lots of trees. We are in a city with hardly any trees. So if it rains hard we get flooded spots around the city and if it rains really hard people's basements flood.

Sorry to hear that, it’s very unfortunate. Has it flooded recently out there? It’s still raining out and its getting heavier. The temp dropped from the 70’s to 60.

Edited by Cpvr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

Sorry to hear that, it’s very unfortunate. Has it flooded recently out there? It’s still raining out and its getting heavier. The temp dropped from the 70’s to 60.

Not recently but if we get a major storm this summer it is going to flood for sure.  And it happens almost every year too.

14 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

Not recently but if we get a major storm this summer it is going to flood for sure.  And it happens almost every year too.

That sucks hardcore. Smh.  I’m sorry that ya’ll have to experience is so frequently. How many inches do you usually get before the flooding starts?

It’s currently 64 degrees and will only warm up to 70 degrees today. The low tonight will be 53 degrees. The cooler weather will stick around till Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Cpvr said:

That sucks hardcore. Smh.  I’m sorry that ya’ll have to experience is so frequently. How many inches do you usually get before the flooding starts?

It’s currently 64 degrees and will only warm up to 70 degrees today. The low tonight will be 53 degrees. The cooler weather will stick around till Tuesday.

It has to be several inches of rain in a short amount of time. And then in floods.

Today is 60* with sunshine and family dinner day. So I will not be going outside.

21 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

It has to be several inches of rain in a short amount of time. And then in floods.

Today is 60* with sunshine and family dinner day. So I will not be going outside.

Does it take a while for the water to drain after it stops raining?

We’re in the high 60’s today. It’s 68 degrees, but feels like 66 and we have a nice breeze today. The low will be 50 degrees tonight, but we’ll be back in the 80’s tomorrow.