What was the last thing that you had to drink?

Cpvr

What was the last thing that you had to drink? Was it a glass of water? A glass of milk? A cup of coffee or soda? Let’s discuss the last thing that we had to drink.

The last thing that I had to drink was a cup of hot coffee. What about you?

The last thing I had to drink was water. I pretty much only drink water most of the day. I have 1 tea a day and that's in the morning. And once a month, ill buy a Lemon aid when we go to the grocery store.

P.S. I haven't had a drink of a pop/soda in 2.5 years. And I don't miss it at all.

3 hours ago, Cpvr said:

@Soulwatcher I like drinking tea as well. I’m curious though, why did you decide to quit drinking soda? I need to slow dow on drinking soda tbh.

Because my blood sugar jumped up to 6.2 I was prediabetic, and now I am 5.4 in the normal range. I still have sweets, but every once in a while now and no pop because it's liquid sugar. You would be amazed in the amount of sugar that is in a single 12oz can of pop.

19 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

Because my blood sugar jumped up to 6.2 I was prediabetic, and now I am 5.4 in the normal range. I still have sweets, but every once in a while now and no pop because it's liquid sugar. You would be amazed in the amount of sugar that is in a single 12oz can of pop.

Ahh man! I totally understand your commitment to quit now. On my last blood work, my glucose levels were high as well. They’re usually under 5.9, but this last time they were 6.1. I’ll have to quit drinking soda if my next blood tests are elevated as well. Thank you for explaining!

59 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

Ahh man! I totally understand your commitment to quit now. On my last blood work, my glucose levels were high as well. They’re usually under 5.9, but this last time they were 6.1. I’ll have to quit drinking soda if my next blood tests are elevated as well. Thank you for explaining!

You're welcome, for me, the hardest part about quitting was avoiding McDonald's and their $1 large pop. Every time we went out I would want to stop and get a pop, It was my trigger. So I looked the other way when McDonald's was coming up. Another trigger was the pop isle in the grocery store. So I used to avoid the pop isles.

After about 3 months of no pop I could drive past McDonald's and not want a pop and I could also go down the grocery store pop isle with not getting anything. I guess the moral of my story is finding out what triggers you into wanting a pop and avoid it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 7:55 PM, Soulwatcher said:

You're welcome, for me, the hardest part about quitting was avoiding McDonald's and their $1 large pop. Every time we went out I would want to stop and get a pop, It was my trigger. So I looked the other way when McDonald's was coming up. Another trigger was the pop isle in the grocery store. So I used to avoid the pop isles.

After about 3 months of no pop I could drive past McDonald's and not want a pop and I could also go down the grocery store pop isle with not getting anything. I guess the moral of my story is finding out what triggers you into wanting a pop and avoid it.

Thank you for sharing your inspirations to quit drinking soda! I know that sometimes I just want something sweet to drink and that has some caffeine, but I know there’s better alternatives. I need to get back to drinking green tea everyday instead. 

The last thing that I had to drink was a cup of milk.

Edited by Cpvr
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Cpvr said:

Thank you for sharing your inspirations to quit drinking soda! I know that sometimes I just want something sweet to drink and that has some caffeine, but I know there’s better alternatives. I need to get back to drinking green tea everyday instead. 

The last thing that I had to drink was a cup of milk.

I usually get a jug of Simply Lemonade once a month when we go to the grocery store. But starting today, I am not going to have any sweets, including my once a month lemonade. I "need to" jumpstart my weight loss again.

P.S. the hardest thing for most people is not having anything sweet to drink. But thankfully I LOVE the taste of water.

• Like 1

@Soulwatcher I like simply lemonade too, but it is loaded with sugar. Have you thought about buying your own lemons and making your own lemonade? I used to do this, but I haven’t done it awhile. Good luck with jumpstarting your weight loss again! 😄 

I need to get off my lazy butt and get into the gym again. There’s one in my apartment complex, but I haven’t been in a few months.

The last thing that I had to drink was a cup of iced water.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 9:21 PM, Soulwatcher said:

@Cpvr No, I have not, but my wife makes me a green tea with a shot of lemon juice with no sugar. I love the taste of it, and I don't think it needs sugar. Also green tea is very good for you so it's a win, win.

Green tea is awesome! I like drinking this too. I haven’t had any in awhile though. I need to get some more when I go to the grocery store again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 4:33 PM, Soulwatcher said:

The last thing I had to drink was 24oz of water. My favorite thing to drink is ice-cold water on a hot day. 😎 It wasn't hot today but the ice-cold water sure was good.

I just had a cup of iced cold water as well! I actually drank it out of my yetti cup. There’s nothin like an ice cold cup of water. I didn’t start my day off with coffee today. Lol

• Haha 1

😀

3 hours ago, Cpvr said:

I just had a cup of iced cold water as well! I actually drank it out of my yetti cup. There’s nothin like an ice cold cup of water. I didn’t start my day off with coffee today. Lol

I started my day off with tea today, but the last thing that I had to drink was water. 😀

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 4:40 PM, Soulwatcher said:

😀

I started my day off with tea today, but the last thing that I had to drink was water. 😀

Does drinking tea help you wake up fully in the morning? Iced water or coffee does the trick for me in the morning, but sometimes I wait to drink coffee because it gives me acid reflux if i drink it right away. I usually have to wait an hr or two since I take an acid reflux medicine in the morning as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

Does drinking tea help you wake up fully in the morning?

Tea doesn't do anything for me, if I wake up in the morning and if I am still tired I will go back to sleep.

P.S. The last thing I had to drink was water.

• Like 2