Do you catch and spay or neuter ferals and release them?

Soulwatcher

My wife and my brother in~law and my sister in~law all have trapped and spayed or neutered ferals. And then released them back into the wild. Which is very commendable and a good way to keep the feral population down. Otherwise, it's really easy to be overrun with feral if they are not controlled.

My wife (Toletia) told me that back in the day they had 14 feral living around their house. Which was a lot to deal with back then. How about you? Do you catch and spay or neuter ferals and release them?

• 2 weeks later...

As far as we know we only have one feral cat in the area we live in at the moment and unfortunately, he is very tough to catch and try and help so we have been unable to do anything for him. 

I do know that people around the area leave food out for him and many of us have cat shelters so he can gain shelter and food. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:39 PM, Shortie said:

As far as we know we only have one feral cat in the area we live in at the moment and unfortunately, he is very tough to catch and try and help so we have been unable to do anything for him. 

I do know that people around the area leave food out for him and many of us have cat shelters so he can gain shelter and food. 

He is going to be hard to catch if people are leaving food for him. You could try setting a trap, but if you do, it's important to release him back into the environment where he came from.