Do you give your cat(s) wet food?

Our Alice and Missy get wet food twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. And they can graze on kibble all day long. About 8 years ago I had a cat named Odiss and when I took him to the vet, the vet said to give him wet food because it has a lot more Nutrition than kibble. And I have been giving cats wet food ever since. How about you? Do you give your cat(s) wet food?

• 2 weeks later...

Wet food was always something we gave Smokey daily, she would have that and have dry food on the side so that if she got a little peckish between meals, she could have some biscuits in between. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:37 PM, Shortie said:

Wet food was always something we gave Smokey daily, she would have that and have dry food on the side so that if she got a little peckish between meals, she could have some biscuits in between. 

I think it's a good thing that cats that get wet food be able to graze on dry food too.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Wet food is what you give them when they can't really chew well anymore right?

Wet food has more nutrition and it's better for the urinary tract. And it does help cats with bad teeth that may not be able to eat hard food.

17 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

Wet food has more nutrition and it's better for the urinary tract. And it does help cats with bad teeth that may not be able to eat hard food.

I see, I know my one buddy's cat is getting on in years and can only do wet food these days I believe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I see, I know my one buddy's cat is getting on in years and can only do wet food these days I believe.

Awwwwww.... poor kitty, cats are just like people, when they age their teeth start to go bad as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee said:

Same as people. Joint problems, sight problems, tooth problems. 😞

It sucks getting old for people and for animals, about all we can do is live life to the fullest and do the best we can in life and make sure we give our felines the best life possible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 7:39 PM, Soulwatcher said:

It sucks getting old for people and for animals, about all we can do is live life to the fullest and do the best we can in life and make sure we give our felines the best life possible.

You're the best cat daddy around❣️ And the best husband too 😘🥰

32 minutes ago, Ravenfreak said:

It doesn't stop them from begging for more though lol, but we never give in!

We have a couple of beggars ourselves LOL. 🤣 If Alice and Missy had their way they would eat treats and wet food 24/7. But to be fair they are usually good about it and don't beg that often. And if they do beg it is usually for treats.