How many litter boxes do you have in your home?

My wife (Toletia) and I live in a small one-bedroom apartment and there is only room for one litter box. But it's a storage bin with 40 pounds of litter. Our Alice and Missy never go outside the litter box, they are good girls. But I do know the general rule is one litter box per cat.= or they could start going outside the box. How about you? How many litter boxes do you have in your home?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 5:59 PM, TopSilver said:

We only have one but we used to have 2. We have 4 cats now but at one point we had like 12 cats and had to give some away.

Are your cats pretty good about using the litter box? I used to have 4 cats and 5 litter boxes when I had my house. And we still had problems sometimes.

6 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Guess it depends on how many cats there are and size of the litter box, but I would say each cat should get their own.

I agree cats should have their own box, I think this apartment is 560 square feet and there is no room for another litter box. When we moved here, we had to downsize and get rid of a lot of stuff to be able to get everything to fit. So were packed in here lol.

7 hours ago, Shortie said:

We live in a four-bedroom house at the moment and when we had Smokey, we were able to have a litter box upstairs and downstairs for her which she always preferred. 

I think that was a great idea, having a litter box upstairs and downstairs. Especially with an older cat, our apartment is so small that Alice doesn't have to go very far to use the litter box.