Would you keep a snake as a pet?

Shortie

I live two doors down from a couple who I knew had a dog and a cat as a pet but I later found out that they also keep a snake and a tarantula as a pet too!

We don't mind the fact that they keep a snake as a pet as we know that they are careful and ensure that the snake is secure to prevent the risk of the snake escaping. 

I  could never have a snake as a pet, I have always had a fear of snakes but it got me wondering if anyone here would ever keep a snake as a pet or even if you may have or do. 

Would you ever keep a snake as a pet? Have you ever had a pet snake? 

21 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

OH NO LOL, I am also terrified of snakes.  For some reason, they freak me out lol. 🤣

I’ve ran from a few of them 🤣i’ve been up close to a coral snake and a water moccasin before. I’m not scared of a lot of things, but a snake is one of them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpvr said:

I’ve ran from a few of them 🤣i’ve been up close to a coral snake and a water moccasin before. I’m not scared of a lot of things, but a snake is one of them!

I have to agree with you, they are so deadly one bite and you can die. Which is the reason why I am terrified of snakes.

34 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

I have to agree with you, they are so deadly one bite and you can die. Which is the reason why I am terrified of snakes.

I don’t know how anyone can keep them as pets. I know that some of them aren’t poisonous, but there’s just so many better animals to raise than snakes.🐍 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

I don’t know how anyone can keep them as pets. I know that some of them aren’t poisonous, but there’s just so many better animals to raise than snakes.🐍 

Yes like cats lol, I will stick to raising cats. 🤣

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 5:35 PM, Soulwatcher said:

Yes like cats lol, I will stick to raising cats. 🤣

Cats are awesome, Snakes are not🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Cpvr
  • Haha 1