Do you take your cat(s) to the groomer?

In the past, I had a longhair calico; one day, she had some matting in her hair. So I took her to the groomer. And she came out silky smooth with a bow on her head. That was at least 12+ years ago and I believe it cost $45.  That was the only time she needed to go, she never had any matting again.

Our Alice has short hair and Missy is medium and they don't have any matting problems. So they do not need to go to the groomer. How about you? Do you take your cat(s) to the groomer?

• Soulwatcher changed the title to Do you take your cat(s) to the groomer?
  • 2 weeks later...

Smokey was always able to do most of the grooming herself and we never had any need to take her to the groomers, she always got anxious when having to be in her cat carrier so we tried to limit that as much as we could. 

She used to have regular vet updates though and the vet always said she was healthy and well looked after during her life. 

• Like 1

Nope, my cats can groom themselves perfectly. Pip had never had a bath and she is 11 years old and you could never tell. 

Luna on the other hand has needed several baths after falling in to stuff she shouldn't of. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Unless I wanted to show them off, I wouldn't have money for such things.

I took my cat to the groomer because she had matting in her hair and I couldn't get it out myself. And it was worth it, she came home silky smooth with a bow on her hair. I don't know why she had the matting but like I said in the original post it never happened again.

P.S. The $45 I paid to the groomer was a small price to pay to help my baby girl. She has since passed on but I will always have the memory of when I picked her up at the groomer. And how pretty she was when she came home.

5 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

I took my cat to the groomer because she had matting in her hair and I couldn't get it out myself. And it was worth it, she came home silky smooth with a bow on her hair. I don't know why she had the matting but like I said in the original post it never happened again.

P.S. The $45 I paid to the groomer was a small price to pay to help my baby girl. She has since passed on but I will always have the memory of when I picked her up at the groomer. And how pretty she was when she came home.

Well I suppose if they get really that messy I can see it, but cats do get in trouble when no one is looking.

• Haha 1