Have you ever had to have your cat get an X-Ray?

About 2+ years ago, our Missy was on top of the cat tree's highest post.  And my wife (Toletia) dropped a dish in the kitchen, and it shattered and Missy FLEW off of the top post on the cat tree and landed hard and hurt her back. I thought that it was going to be something major.

But it turns out she sprained her back. $280 and an X-Ray later, she was ok after a month or so. But it was terrifying, so scary that we took the top posts off the cat tree. How about you? Have you ever had to have your cat get an X-Ray?

Yes, our black cat Luna has had an xray. She is an outside cat and came home unable to weight bare on her rear legs. The vet actually thinks somebody kicked her and she had dislocated her back hip on the left side. 

She has made a full recovery but I have never found out who hurt her 😡

1 hour ago, Lee said:

The vet actually thinks somebody kicked her and she had dislocated her back hip on the left side. 

OMG that's terrible Lee, too bad you never found out who did it. Here in the United States, if you kick an animal and get caught, you get animal cruelty charges brought against you. And you could even go to jail.

We never needed to take Smokey to get an x-ray. She made many trips to the vet but that was for things such as her allergies to female fleas and also due to her heart murmur but she never had any incident in which she needed an x-ray. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 6:02 PM, Shortie said:

She made many trips to the vet but that was for things such as her allergies

Awwwww...... poor baby, I know how badly I suffer from allergies. I can not even imagine being a cat and suffering and not being able to tell your human what's wrong with you.