Do you buy from a breeder?

In the past I used to buy my kittens from the pet store which used a breeder. And it was a pleasant experience. Having said that, I now prefer adopting an older cat now that I have had experience with adopting and older cat.  How about you? Do you buy from a breeder?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When we got Smokey, I got her from my brother who had a cat with kittens. We had Smokey for 12 years after getting her at 7 weeks old.

I would much prefer most of the time though to get a cat from a cat rescue center than buy from a breeder. 

• Like 1

integrating

6 hours ago, Shortie said:

I would much prefer most of the time though to get a cat from a cat rescue center than buy from a breeder. 

I 100% agree, now I would rather get a rescue cat instead of a cat from a breeder as well. After seeing how well, Alice and Missy did, integrating into our lives.

20 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Not sure if things have gotten better or worse for them since those days.

That just depends on the cat's owner, some people still worship their cats and have them eat at the dinner table. As much as I love our girls, I couldn't do it.

I’ve never gotten a cat from a breeder, but I’ve gotten them from the pound before. There’s some exotic cat breeds out there that are very expensive though. 

Like the Savannah and Sphyinx & Bengal

3 hours ago, Cpvr said:

there that are very expensive though. 

Like the Savannah

If my wife and I were rich, I would have an F1 Savannah. I like them because they are hyper and don't lie around, they want to play all the time, and you can walk them like a dog. They are the only cat breed that will walk like a dog.