Electric cars or gas cars?

Cpvr

I’ve never driven an electric car before. I’ve always been a fan of gas cars, but one of my sisters owns a telsa. It drives pretty good. I’ve rode in it before. What do you ya’ll like though? Are you a fan of electric cars or gas cars? Do you ever see yourself buying an electric car one day?

I am still a fan of gas cars because if your battery dies you have to get it towed. And if you have a gas car, you can have someone bring you some gas in a gas can. And one day we're all going to be forced to have an electric car.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:48 PM, Soulwatcher said:

I am still a fan of gas cars because if your battery dies you have to get it towed. And if you have a gas car, you can have someone bring you some gas in a gas can. And one day we're all going to be forced to have an electric car.

Same here. Gas cars are also a lot cheaper than electric cars. I don’t see electric cars outlasting gas cars.  

On 3/28/2024 at 12:54 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Never driven one, hope to never do. I'll stick with gas cars since they are reliable.

Me either. Im 100% a gas car fan as well.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I am not a fan of electric cars as I do believe they are better for the environment but I feel at the moment, the power grid is not coping with the demand from the charging of electric cars. 

I would consider an electric car in the future. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shortie said:

I wouldn't say I am not a fan of electric cars as I do believe they are better for the environment but I feel at the moment, the power grid is not coping with the demand from the charging of electric cars. 

I would consider an electric car in the future. 

Actually they aren't better for the environment if you consider they need more tires often and no best practice for recycling the battery.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

no best practice for recycling the battery.

That has to be the biggest problem with electric cars, what to do with all the chemicals and battery waste after the battery is no good anymore. 

10 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

That has to be the biggest problem with electric cars, what to do with all the chemicals and battery waste after the battery is no good anymore. 

And we already have car models that no longer get parts, so the whole thing is trash. We're jumping too fast into electric.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 1:51 AM, Demon_skeith said:

We're jumping too fast into electric.

I 100% agree, how many people that buy a used Electric car are going to be able to whip out another $20k for a battery? Tesla has financing for a new battery, how crazy is that?

8 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

I 100% agree, how many people that buy a used Electric car are going to be able to whip out another $20k for a battery? Tesla has financing for a new battery, how crazy is that?

Sounds like a rip-off to me. Plus that's even if they still make the batteries for cars. People have already bought first generation models that are paper weights.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Sounds like a rip-off to me. Plus that's even if they still make the batteries for cars. People have already bought first generation models that are paper weights.

That's so true, if they don't make the parts for the car it's as good as a paper weight. Which is really sad considering how much they cost new.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:41 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Actually they aren't better for the environment if you consider they need more tires often and no best practice for recycling the battery.

This I never thought of but you are very right. I guess because it is pushed at us so much that using electric is better, you forget about everything else that will cause issues for the environment. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shortie said:

This I never thought of but you are very right. I guess because it is pushed at us so much that using electric is better, you forget about everything else that will cause issues for the environment. 

I'm right because it was a story going around last year, glad I wasn't the person stuck with it.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:02 AM, Soulwatcher said:

My biggest fear of an electric car is the battery going. I am pretty sure that a Tesla battery is $20k for a new one.

That’s ridiculously high. I’ve never seen a gas car battery that high. They can keep electric cars. I’ll never buy one.

• Like 1