Do you give your cat(s) treats?

We give our Alice and Missy treats once a week. Because Missy has a sensitive stomach. And if she gets too many treats, she will get diarrhea. So were super cautious with how many treats she gets. How about you? Do you give your cat(s) treats?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Shortie said:

We only gave her the suggested amount once daily, but she would always try and get more every time, so we had to be strict with her. 

That describes our Missy, she would eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner lol.  When ever we do give her treats, she will beg for more for hours. And I feel bad, but she can't have anymore because of her sensitive stomach.

42 minutes ago, kensonplays said:

One per night. Since he has 3 legs, the vet said he has to limit his food intake.

Your a awesome person for taking care of a special needs cat. And I can't thank you enough for being there for him. Not everyone is willing to take care of a special needs cat.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:16 PM, Soulwatcher said:

Your a awesome person for taking care of a special needs cat. And I can't thank you enough for being there for him. Not everyone is willing to take care of a special needs cat.

It is tricky on occasion, having to deal with his constant meowing "I want food!" haha. But I have to limit it to what the vet recommended. They said he shouldn't be over 10 lbs, but he's 12 right now so I'm lowering it a little bit for a while.

On 3/23/2024 at 1:40 PM, Lee said:

Ours love dreamies 😄

They would also eat them all day and instead of their actual food 😄

Never heard of "dreamies" hmm.

Edited by kensonplays
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, kensonplays said:

I have to limit it to what the vet recommended. They said he shouldn't be over 10 lbs, but he's 12 right now so I'm lowering it a little bit for a while.

Awwwwww....... he is so darn cute, it's probably hard to resist giving him treats. 😺

• 4 weeks later...

I give my cats treats here and there, we don't like giving Gizmo too many though since he's got a sensitive stomach. We also don't want to feed Mochi too many either, so at most we give them each maybe 5 little morsels of treats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ravenfreak said:

I give my cats treats here and there, we don't like giving Gizmo too many though since he's got a sensitive stomach. We also don't want to feed Mochi too many either, so at most we give them each maybe 5 little morsels of treats.

Poor Gizmo, does he throw them up or does he get diarrhea? Our Missy has a sensitive stomach and she gets diarrhea if she gets too many. Alice on the other hand can eat as many treats as she wants and it doesn't affect her.

Just now, Soulwatcher said:

Poor Gizmo, does he throw them up or does he get diarrhea? Our Missy has a sensitive stomach and she gets diarrhea if she gets too many. Alice on the other hand can eat as many treats as she wants and it doesn't affect her.

He gets diarrhea. 😞 I feel bad since he really likes getting treats but I don't like to give him too much since I know it'll just upset his stomach if he gets too much.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ravenfreak said:

He gets diarrhea. 😞 I feel bad since he really likes getting treats but I don't like to give him too much since I know it'll just upset his stomach if he gets too much.

I feel bad that Missy can't have treats too, all I have to do is shake the treat container and she comes running out of the bedroom. And looks at me like she is saying "Is it my birthday" lol. 🤣 

P.S. She gets treats 1 to 2 times a month and she is ok if she gets a couple of treats at a time.