Do you carry pet insurance?

I have checked into pet insurance in the past, and it was $64 a month for both cats. I would love to have it for our girls, but my wife and I live on a fixed income and can not afford that expense every month. So we do not have pet insurance. What about you? Do you carry pet insurance?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TopSilver said:

No we don't have pet insurance. If one of the cats needed medical attention then we would have to pay for it.

Hopefully, our cats never need medical attention, because the vet gets expensive quickly. It's just a shame that pet insurance costs so much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Not going to lie, that sounds like a scam as I'm sure there would be some little lines that would make the person spend a lot on co-pays.

I don't know for sure but I bet there are co-pays but it's better than footing the whole bill. When Wrath was sick and dying the vet suckered $500 out of me and when I had no more money they suggested putting him down. They knew he was hopeless but they wanted money and made me believe he would get better.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

I don't know for sure but I bet there are co-pays but it's better than footing the whole bill. When Wrath was sick and dying the vet suckered $500 out of me and when I had no more money they suggested putting him down. They knew he was hopeless but they wanted money and made me believe he would get better.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Reminds me of the king of the hill episode:

• Sad 1

My friend (Squiggles' mom) had pet insurance and it was a lifesaver when her cat before Squiggles had cancer. Squeakers cost that insurance company close to $10,000 for her treatment. Then the poor thing died anyway 😢 At least my friend have her a chance though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toletia said:

My friend (Squiggles' mom) had pet insurance and it was a lifesaver when her cat before Squiggles had cancer. Squeakers cost that insurance company close to $10,000 for her treatment. Then the poor thing died anyway 😢 At least my friend have her a chance though. 

I wish we could afford it for Alice and Missy. But sadly we don't make enough money.