Does your cat have a sensitive stomach?

I had the biggest, loving cat that I have ever seen. His name was Franky, And he would run out to anyone who visited and headbutt them and rub all over them purring so loud that you could hear it across the room.

He also had a very sensitive stomach and would throw up every time he ate regular cat food. So I had to buy him cat food for a sensitive stomach. It was super expensive, but he was worth it. How about you? Does your cat have a sensitive stomach?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Elseb said:

One of my cats has a very sensitive stomach but not for sickness... The other thing! We have to be very careful what we feed him as it can be a messy job otherwise.

Missy is the same way she gets diarrhea if she gets too many treats. This is the reason why we give them 1 or 2 treats a week. So she doesn't get an upset stomach.

• Like 1

Even other moist cat food can get Missy sick. They normally eat Sheba Pate but when we run out they get Friskies. Sometimes they just get it as a special treat too. But too long on it and Missy gets sick. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 4:21 PM, Soulwatcher said:

It makes me think "What the heck do they put into the treats that give so many cats diarrhea?"

Goes back to my point about dry food. My cats will have runny poos if they eat them. It does make you wonder....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elseb said:

Goes back to my point about dry food. My cats will have runny poos if they eat them. It does make you wonder....

I think the people who make it should have to eat it, the CEOs and whoever else decides what goes in the food because you know that they are using the cheapest ingredients in the food to make as much profit as possible.

3 hours ago, kensonplays said:

Not really a sensitive stomach, but the vet told me to limit his food intake. Especially since I adopted him with 3 legs. The vet was like "half a cup in morning, half a cup in afternoon, try to not let him get over 10 lbs."

I think Corney is the most adorable cat that I have seen in a long time, you are so lucky to have him, and he is lucky to have you.