Hello from the Admin!

GregANdToletia.jpg.0058002c35c3459ef6bcb6cce9251530.jpg

Hello, my name is Greg, and I am married to my wonderful wife Toletia. Together we have 2 cats, Alice and Missy. I love all things cats over the last 25+ years that I have had the pleasure of owning cats I have learned a lot of things about cats and have had many wonderful experiences.

I have been a webmaster since the early 2000s. And I have had many different websites over the years. But this is my favorite website by far. I am looking forward to growing this community together. If you have questions about this website or me, feel free to post them below or send me a PM.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 5:44 PM, Soulwatcher said:

GregANdToletia.jpg.0058002c35c3459ef6bcb6cce9251530.jpg

Hello, my name is Greg, and I am married to my wonderful wife Toletia. Together we have 2 cats, Alice and Missy. I love all things cats over the 25+ years that I have had the pleasure of owning cats I have learned a lot of things about cats and have had many wonderful experiences.

I have been a webmaster since the early 2000s. And I have had many different websites over the years. But this is my favorite website by far. I am looking forward to growing this community together. If you have questions about this website or me, feel free to post them below or send me a PM.

I started getting into web development about the same time.  My first website was this online store thing, ha ha.  It was a rip-off, but a good learning experience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I started getting into web development about the same time.  My first website was this online store thing, ha ha.  It was a rip-off, but a good learning experience. 

How many websites do you have now?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://thefreebiz.info

https://answerformath.com

Note: They are boring right now cause not developed yet.

Very nice, and it takes a ton of time to develop a website. Which is why I only run 1 forum even though I own 2 invision community forum licenses and a xenforo forum license. Maybe somewhere down the road, I will open another forum.

@Soulwatcher I also started web development in the early 2000’s. I started virtualpetlist as just a directory of games in 2004. I’ve also owned a general chat/off topic forum, an admin/promotion forum and a blog as other websites in the past. It wasn’t easy, but at one point, i was running the off topic forum and another forum together. It’s wild how long I’ve been a webmaster now! Time just flew by.

Edited by Cpvr
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

@Soulwatcher I also started web development in the early 2000’s. I started virtualpetlist as just a directory of games in 2004. I’ve also owned a general chat/off topic forum, an admin/promotion forum and a blog as other websites in the past. It’s wild how long I’ve been a webmaster now! Time just flew by.

How many websites do you own now? And time does fly, my first server was a Pentium 3 with 1 GB of RAM and a 40 GB hard drive lol and I had it colocated.

2 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

How many websites do you own now? 

Just one, VPL. I want to launch more, but it might not be this year. 

@Jason Keep up the great work! It’s always nice to have more than one project going.

Edited by Cpvr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cpvr said:

Just one, VPL. I want to launch more, but it might not be this year. 

I already have the domain, I might do a blog on Minecraft idk. But this forum takes a ton of time believe it or not. I don't think I could handle another forum right now.

Just now, Soulwatcher said:

I already have the domain, I might do a blog on Minecraft idk. But this forum takes a ton of time believe it or not. I don't think I could handle another forum right now.

A blog would be a lot easier to manage. I  honestly couldn’t handle building and managing another forum either. I agree, running a forum is time consuming, but it’s a lot of fun at the same time. It’s an even greater feeling when it starts to grow more and more. 😃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

A blog would be a lot easier to manage. I  honestly couldn’t handle building and managing another forum either. I agree, running a forum is time consuming, but it’s a lot of fun at the same time. It’s an even greater feeling when it starts to grow more and more. 😃

I 100% agree, it's a great feeling watching it grow. We're already at 12 members and 1.2k posts and I am so happy.

• Like 1