Does your cat(s) get along with other pets?

Soulwatcher

Missy will tolerate a dog. When our kids bring their dog over, Missy will walk around the dog like the dog isn't even there. Missy will growl and hiss and swat at the dog if the dog gets too close to Missy. Which has only happened one time. How about you? Does your cat(s) get along with other pets?

P.S> Alice just hides and wants nothing to do with the dog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 3:45 PM, Cpvr said:

My sister’s cats gets along with dogs. They haven’t been around any other pet yet though.

Does your sister have dogs too? I think Missy is ok with the dog because it's her home and she feels secure. Idk how she would act if we brought her over to the kid's house.

I had a cat that got along great with a dog.  However, I had a kitten that was nearly killed by my other dogs.  I suppose it depends on the breed and raising of the dog.   Well, the non-cat friendly ones were Jack Russels.    They are a hunting breed. 

Edited by Jason

On 4/13/2024 at 5:55 PM, Soulwatcher said:

Does your sister have dogs too? I think Missy is ok with the dog because it's her home and she feels secure. Idk how she would act if we brought her over to the kid's house.

Ya, she has a bigger dog than ours. She has an  Australian shepherd.

• Like 1