Is your cat a night owl or are they active during the day?

Alice and Missy are both more active during the day than at night.  They usually play for 10~15 minutes after my wife (Toletia) and I go to bed. And then they go to bed themselves. How about you? Is your cat a night owl or are they active during the day?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elseb said:

During the day they generally just try and lie in the sun.

That's weird because Alice and Missy will lay in the sun sometimes too. You would think that they would overheat with all of that fur. I know I overheat if I'm in the sun too long and I don't even have any fur.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

That's weird because Alice and Missy will lay in the sun sometimes too. You would think that they would overheat with all of that fur. I know I overheat if I'm in the sun too long and I don't even have any fur.

Missy tries every single night to get under the covers between us. She succeeds most of the time lol. Cats don't overhead too easily. Alice doesn't like to be covered though. And she's thin and short haired. Missy is bigger and medium hair. Opposite of how you'd think they'd feel. 

• Like 1

Smokey used to take small naps during the day but would be active throughout the day and sleep on a night. She always knew it was bed time and used to sit and wait for me to go to bed, she hated it if I was a little later than normal to bed. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:36 PM, Soulwatcher said:

Yeah I've never quite understood it tbh. Must just be the way their bodies regulate heat, perhaps it's different to humans.

• Like 1

Mochi tends to be semi active between the night and day. Sometimes he'll sleep with my wife and I other times he's up to no good and tries to knock my Sonic and Knuckles picture off the wall or knock over my Sonic the Hedgehog water bottle lol.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 1:10 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Seems they act as they will, most seem to sleep during the day and bug owners at night lol.

My female cat Princess used to love to bug us at night, but our male cat Prince was more chill at night.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 8:44 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Sometimes he'll sleep with my wife and I other times he's up to no good and tries to knock my Sonic and Knuckles picture off the wall or knock over my Sonic the Hedgehog water bottle lol.

Oh no, did he break a few picture frames? My floor is cement and if any glass hits it, it shatters.

On 5/4/2024 at 9:40 PM, Cpvr said:

My female cat Princess used to love to bug us at night, but our male cat Prince was more chill at night.

Princess was like play with me instead of sleep right? lol, love seeing that.

• Haha 2

It kind of varies for my cat, but she seems to be slightly more active during the night. She's not a super active cat altogether, though; she spends most of the time sleeping, as I'm sure many cats do. ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I don't think I would want a cat to wake me up during the night, I wouldn't get much sleep.

I would say it's safe to say most cats do not wake their owner at night. So if you ever wanted a cat you would most likely not be woken up at night.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:05 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I don't think I would want a cat to wake me up during the night, I wouldn't get much sleep.

I ended up keeping my bedroom door shut a few times so she could have fun through out the night and not wake me up. 

There’s times where she was calm at night, so I did keep it open too.

Edited by Cpvr
  • Like 1