Are you an early bird or night owl?

Basically, are you a morning or night person? For me, I am a night person because, in the mornings, I am a little bit too tired but at night, it's like I am wide awake and much more energetic. Unsure as to why that is but guess when you get older, your body changes.

I am curious to know if you are a morning or night person to see if I am only the night owl here. 

• Like 1

I’m more of a night owl than an early bird. I tend to go to bed after 1am and wake up around 10am or 11am. If i wake up too early, it takes me awhile to fully wake up and i generally go right back to sleep🤣

6 hours ago, Cpvr said:

If i wake up too early, it takes me awhile to fully wake up and i generally go right back to sleep🤣

LOL, you sound like me, if I get up too early I grab my neck pillow and blanket and go back to sleep in my chair LOL.🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I'm a night owl, wanting to stay up late into the night, but cursed with an early morning job. Tis conflicting.

I can see that being a huge problem. How late do you stay up and what time do you have to get up for work?

7 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

I can see that being a huge problem. How late do you stay up and what time do you have to get up for work?

I'm lucky if I can force myself to get to bed by 1AM and need to be up by 7:40. Though I usually take an hour nap when I get off work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shortie said:

As much as I prefer to be a night owl, my body does not allow me to stay up as late as I used to. 

When I was younger I used to go to bed at 9 am sleep for 2 hours and get up and do it all over again. These days I will just fall asleep if I try to stay up past 1 am and most of the time I go to sleep in my recliner around 11 pm and wait for my wife to go to bed.

On 5/1/2024 at 11:00 PM, Soulwatcher said:

LOL, you sound like me, if I get up too early I grab my neck pillow and blanket and go back to sleep in my chair LOL.🤣

🤣🤣It never changes either, but I know if i start tossing and turning, it’s time to get up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cpvr said:

🤣🤣It never changes either, but I know if i start tossing and turning, it’s time to get up.

I don't toss and turn, I just feel wide away and then I know it's time to get up.

• Like 1

Easily a night owl. I'm up to 2 am on average, and wake up around 10am normally. 

There are a couple exceptions to waking up earlier though. Tomorrow I'll have to wake up at 830 to start drivers courses. (Yes, I'm 30 and have never driven before) On Sundays I wake up at 845 or so, for my religious stuff (I'll leave it at that to avoid controversial topics).

17 minutes ago, kensonplays said:

Yes, I'm 30 and have never driven before

Nothing wrong with that at all, I am almost 50 years old and I don't drive because my left eye had a stroke and I can't pass the vision test.

On 5/5/2024 at 10:51 AM, Soulwatcher said:

I don't toss and turn, I just feel wide away and then I know it's time to get up.

If i feel wide awake, then I don’t ever go back to sleep. But if I get up after i tossing and turning for a few minutes, i go back to sleep. It happened earlier today lol. I honestly think i needed some ice water🤣🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cpvr said:

If I feel wide awake, then I don’t ever go back to sleep. But if I get up after tossing and turning for a few minutes, I go back to sleep. It happened earlier today lol. I honestly think I needed some ice water🤣🤣

My new depression med has been knocking my lights out at night a bomb could go off and I wouldn't hear it lol. 🤣