Does your cat give you love nibbles?

Ravenfreak

Mochi my kitten likes to give my wife and I love nibbles. Sometimes he bites a little too hard, but not enough to draw blood. I never had a cat do this before, but I've looked it up and some cats show affection by giving you gentle nibbles. Most cats who do this will do this their entire life, I don't mind it. I think it's cute actually! Sometimes cats will also do this if they're overstimulated. Mochi always purrs and marks you too either after or before he gives love nibbles.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ravenfreak said:

Mochi my kitten likes to give my wife and I love nibbles. Sometimes he bites a little too hard, but not enough to draw blood. I never had a cat do this before, but I've looked it up and some cats show affection by giving you gentle nibbles. Most cats who do this will do this their entire life, I don't mind it. I think it's cute actually! Sometimes cats will also do this if they're overstimulated. Mochi always purrs and marks you too either after or before he gives love nibbles.

Awwww.... that's too cool. Alice will give my wife (Toletia) love bites when she wrestles with her while Alice is under the covers.  It doesn't hurt because Alice is just playing and not trying to hurt Toletia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soulwatcher said:

Awwww.... that's too cool. Alice will give my wife (Toletia) love bites when she wrestles with her while Alice is under the covers.  It doesn't hurt because Alice is just playing and not trying to hurt Toletia.

She's so funny. She can look totally psychotic when she's doing it too 😹 She will grab me with all four paws and attack my hand with enough ferociousness to kill an elephant, or a fly 😹 Never leaves as much as a mark on my hand or arm though lol

• Haha 1

I don't know how my mother was able to teach all her 5 cats not to bite or nibble as you guys put it. They have no bitting rule in the house and all her cats keep to it. They will scratch you though but never bite. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

all her 5 cats

I have to admit I am a bit jealous, we can only have 1 pet where we live but both my wife and I have an ESA (Emotional Support Animal) Or I would have more cats lol. The most amount of cats that I had at one time was 4 cats. The thing about cats is every cat I have ever owned has had their own personality. 

Edit: we have 2 cats

• Like 1