How often do you brush your cat?

Ravenfreak

If you have a long haired cat, you know they need to be brushed quite often to prevent them from getting mats in their fur. We brush Gizmo's fur daily, he didn't like it at first when he was younger but now he loves getting brushed! Mochi is a short hair cat, so he doesn't need to be brushed as often. He's still finicky when it comes to brushing time lol. How often do you brush your cat?

2 minutes ago, Ravenfreak said:

If you have a long haired cat, you know they need to be brushed quite often to prevent them from getting mats in their fur. We brush Gizmo's fur daily, he didn't like it at first when he was younger but now he loves getting brushed! Mochi is a short hair cat, so he doesn't need to be brushed as often. He's still finicky when it comes to brushing time lol. How often do you brush your cat?

My wife (Toletia) brushes Alice and Missy 2 or 3 times a week depending on how much fur comes off of them when we pet them. Missy LOVES the brush, and Alice will tolerate it.

15 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Seems like cats shed a lot, so I would probably do it every day when they curl up on my lap.

Boy do cats shed, they get hair everywhere no matter how much you brush them. We clean our apartment every Saturday and you can always tell it is clean because all of the cat hair is gone lol.🤣

P.S. Our apartment is not full of cat hair but you can tell a difference when we clean.

18 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

It would drive me nuts to have so much hair around, I know I would have to clean every week as well.

You can not even tell we have cats by the time we are done cleaning our apartment on Saturday. And we clean our apartment every Saturday without fail.

P.S. My wife (Toletia) calls it decatting.

7 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

You can not even tell we have cats by the time we are done cleaning our apartment on Saturday. And we clean our apartment every Saturday without fail.

P.S. My wife (Toletia) calls it decatting.

Lol. Do your cats go into hiding when you're cleaning and vacuuming up the place?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Lol. Do your cats go into hiding when you're cleaning and vacuuming up the place?

Missy will look at the vacuum and look at me like she is saying "What do you want me to move?" LOL.🤣 And Alice takes one look at the vacuum and runs away.

On 4/27/2024 at 8:35 PM, Soulwatcher said:

Missy will look at the vacuum and look at me like she is saying "What do you want me to move?" LOL.🤣 And Alice takes one look at the vacuum and runs away.

Your cat is clearly not amused by the vacuum, lol!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Your cat is clearly not amused by the vacuum, lol!

No, she is not, Missy is a strong-willed cat and usually will not run from anything. The only time she will run is if I raise my voice she doesn't like that lol.🤣

24 minutes ago, Elseb said:

I pretty much have to hoover our living room every day due to the amount of hair our cats shed. It's pretty annoying haha

I don't know about you, but I think vacuuming and cleaning every week is so worth it. I couldn't imagine my life without Alice and Missy. They are two very special girls. ❣️😾😾

On 4/29/2024 at 6:25 PM, Soulwatcher said:

I don't know about you, but I think vacuuming and cleaning every week is so worth it. I couldn't imagine my life without Alice and Missy. They are two very special girls. ❣️😾😾

It's definitely an annoyance but i certainly wouldn't change it! Just one of those things that needs to be done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elseb said:

It's definitely an annoyance but i certainly wouldn't change it! Just one of those things that needs to be done.

My wife (Toletia) and I do all sorts of things for our cats, like waiting for them to eat before we walk by, carrying Alice to her food bowl, lifting up the covers so Missy can sleep under the covers, I could go on and on. And I wouldn't have it any other way because they are our babies and we treat them as though they were humans.