Do your cats enjoy the bath or shower?

Shortie

Every cat we have ever had when I was a child and also when I got older has never enjoyed a bath or a shower. I always remember with each cat, we would have to attempt to bath them with special shampoo if they had fleas, luckily that is not something we have to do as much now due to the offering of flea treatment that works well. 

When we bathed or showered the cats, it was crazy, water everywhere, not something I would rush to do again unless I knew the cat enjoyed it. 

Do your cats enjoy baths or showers? 

• Like 1

We have never given our cats a bath or shower. I know for a fact Alice would hate it, she hates water. But I have a feeling Missy would LOVE it. She is always getting in the shower after we take a shower and our shower head sometimes drips and she will come out with a wet head LOL. 😀

8 hours ago, Jason said:

When You Should—And Shouldn’t—Give Your Cat A Bath | VMBS News (tamu.edu)

Cats are not supposed to be bathed except in severe circumstances.   Anyway, it was to be expected.  They hate water and they also have a way to self-groom themselves apart from water. 

If they get something sticky in their fur for example you're not going to have a choice but to give them a bath. But I wouldn't give a cat a bath for the heck of it

• 2 weeks later...

My cat can't stand the bath. Fortunately, she rarely gets things stuck in her fur, so it's really not necessary to give her a bath. She generally takes care of her own hygiene. 

• Like 1