Cat litter with baking soda makes a huge difference!

if you're looking for some long-lasting cat litter try some cat litter with baking soda. We started using cat litter with baking soda in it 3 weeks ago. And it works so well that we could go 2 weeks and 5 days before needing to change the litter box again.

I honestly never thought to do this or even thought it could work to make cat litter last longer. I remember when we had Smokey, we would have to clean out her litter tray at least twice a week and it became costly to keep buying the litter the way we were. 

I do not have a cat at the moment as we still do not feel ready for another yet but when we do, this will be something I do. 

Awesome tip 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elseb said:

You've got to be really careful using Baking Soda in litter as it can negatively affect your cat according to some researchers: https://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/2020/07/3-reasons-not-to-use-baking-soda-in-cat-litter/

There's no doubt it helps the smell but your cat will pick it up on it's paws and ingest it. Not sure it's worth it!

It was a nice read and I will keep it in mind. But so far the litter is working well there's no dust when I scoop the box every day and the cats don't seem to have a problem with it. 

On 4/22/2024 at 10:55 PM, Soulwatcher said:

It was a nice read and I will keep it in mind. But so far the litter is working well there's no dust when I scoop the box every day and the cats don't seem to have a problem with it. 

Fingers crossed it'll be fine! You never know what to believe these days, Google will always have both arguements for and against!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elseb said:

Fingers crossed it'll be fine! You never know what to believe these days, Google will always have both arguements for and against!

I hope so because it's saving a heck of a lot of money. our litter bill went down from $55 a month to $26 a month and it's long-lasting litter.

• Like 1