I quietly upgraded our hosting to a dedicated server!

I didn't have any problems with A2hosting, matter of fact I think they are a great web host. And I am using them for the email on this cat website and my blog.

Now to the good part, I bought a used Microsoft-certified refurbished HP Office computer with an I5 6500 4 core 3.2 GHZ 16 GB of RAM, and a 512 GB SSD. Which is faster than a VPS and more resources than a VPS with a shared CPU and is more than enough for this website for a long time. It's been up and running since Thursday, and this website and my blog are not even making a dent in the CPU. Even with running a cron job every minute for the forum. Which you can't do on shared hosting.

P.S. I checked, Digital Ocean is $218 a month for a VPS with 4 full-core CPUs, 16 GB of RAM, and 100 GB of hard drive space. Which is more than what I paid for my HP office computer.

Screenshot(1).thumb.png.590ac3ca9a5fda5074d04784943ddf95.png

• Like 1

Awesome! Congratulations on the upgrade to a dedicated server. Cutting down costs and spending less monthly on a server bill is always nice. I’m glad to hear that there’s more than enough capacity for future growth!

Edited by Cpvr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

Awesome! Congratulations on the upgrade to a dedicated server. Cutting down costs and spending less monthly on a server bill is always nice. I’m glad to hear that there’s more than enough capacity for future growth!

I could run my own mail server, but I chose to get a professional hosted email. Because my personal email on my blog is for my bills and I do not want to miss a bill, well maybe lol, JK. 🤣 

P.S. my total cost for the dedicated server every month is $7.50. 😎

37 minutes ago, fords8 said:

That is pretty good for a dedi server. 7.50 a month is real good.

I agree and it is faster than the shared host that I was on. But to be fair I wasn't on their Turbo plan which is supposed to be really fast. But it is $30 a month.