Have you ever fed ducks?

Cpvr

I used to go to local ponds to feed ducks corn, rice and bread from time to time. It always feels good to spend some time in nature and see some of the animals that live out there.

So, have you ever went to a local pond and fed some ducks?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bawse said:

I've done it. I dont usually feed the ducks or in Canada we also have Canadian Geese.

Some canadian geese started migrating out here. I started seeing them about two years ago. I usually see them around in the spring/summer months.

• Like 1

My family owned a group of ducks when I was a child.  It was a lot of fun.  We also had a few geese.   Anyway, I'm sure it was hard to protect them from predators, though.  I can't remember how well we did that. 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 9:37 AM, Jason said:

My family owned a group of ducks when I was a child.  It was a lot of fun.  We also had a few geese.   Anyway, I'm sure it was hard to protect them from predators, though.  I can't remember how well we did that. 

That’s awesome! Did yall have a pond for them as well? How long did you raise the ducks and geese for? Do you remember by any chance?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cpvr said:

That’s awesome! Did yall have a pond for them as well? How long did you raise the ducks and geese for? Do you remember by any chance?

There was no pond for them.  We did have a creek, however.   Well, we may have had some child swimming pool for them.  I can't remember as it was the 1980s. 

• Like 2