Cats and Dogs Getting Along

Jason

Some get a long, some don't.  I had dogs in my youth that were totally cool with cats.  However, I have had other situations where a kitten would be ripped apart by dogs if I hadn't stopped it.  

My cats and dog get along but when we first got the dog the cats went crazy. The fact that it only took around 3 days for them to get used to eachother. You could not believe the carrying on that took place the first time they met. It was insane. The cats were whining like crazy but nowadays my dog is their protector.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TopSilver said:

You could not believe the carrying on that took place the first time they met. It was insane. The cats were whining like crazy but nowadays my dog is their protector.

Awwwww... that's too cool. Alice and Missy didn't get along when we first got Missy. They mostly get along now, unless Missy is challenging Alice for the Alpha position. But even then they don't have a knock-out fight, they just play a little rough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 10:59 PM, Toletia said:

Aww that's adorable. I mostly see dogs being afraid of the cats lol.

I’ve always wondered why some dogs are afraid of cats. Are the cats the boss and alpha? I’ve seen dogs just sit there and bark at cats while the cats just sit there like they’re not bothered🤣🤣

Edited by Cpvr
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

I’ve always wondered why some dogs are afraid of cats. Are the cats the boss and alpha? I’ve seen dogs just sit there and bark at cats while the cats just sit there like they’re not bothered🤣🤣

I have seen videos of cats jumping in the air and clawing big dogs. And the dog runs away. 

P.S. I would run too If I was a dog getting clawed by a flying cat. 😂

• Haha 2