Dollar Store Cat Food

Bawse

27 minutes ago, Bawse said:

How do you feel about cat food you can get from the dollar store?  Is it healthy for your cat?

I see the dollar store selling Sheba wet cat food and that's not too bad. But Friskies is like McDonald's for cats. Tastes great, but really not that god for them. We give our cats Friskies as a treat once in a blue moon, because they go insane for it. What ever they put in it makes our cats really like it.

Dollar Store has cat food that is non-name-brand, but I suspect cats don't like it.     Anyway, not sure if it's the Dollar General brand, but it's the cheapest stuff you can buy and then after that, Friskies. 

On 3/11/2024 at 6:52 PM, Soulwatcher said:

I see the dollar store selling Sheba wet cat food and that's not too bad. But Friskies is like McDonald's for cats. Tastes great, but really not that god for them. We give our cats Friskies as a treat once in a blue moon, because they go insane for it. What ever they put in it makes our cats really like it.

Why is bad for them?  

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Dollar Store has cat food that is non-name-brand, but I suspect cats don't like it.     Anyway, not sure if it's the Dollar General brand, but it's the cheapest stuff you can buy and then after that, Friskies. 

Why is bad for them?  

Because there is no nutrition in the food. It"s a bunch of fillers and they also put stuff in there to taste good so cats go crazy for it.  If you want to feed your cat premium cat food you can get something like Blue Buffalo.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 4:21 PM, Soulwatcher said:

Because there is no nutrition in the food. It"s a bunch of fillers and they also put stuff in there to taste good so cats go crazy for it.  If you want to feed your cat premium cat food you can get something like Blue Buffalo.

My cats eat the dry cat food like most dogs have but I was wanting to see if they would like to try fancy feast which is the canned cat food. I know for a fact that they would absolutely love that so we may try it sometime.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 6:04 PM, TopSilver said:

I was wanting to see if they would like to try fancy feast which is the canned cat food. I know for a fact that they would absolutely love that so we may try it sometime

Cats like Fancy Feast as well, but not all cats like all flavors. Alice is picky and Missy will eat any flavor. 😺🤣