How many hours a day do you spend on your phone?

Soulwatcher

22 hours ago, Cpvr said:

I usually spend about 8-10 hours a day on my phone. Sometimes more.

Nothing wrong with that, I know your phone is your computer. I probably spend around 5~6 hours a day on the computer posting on various forums and working on my websites. 

30 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

Nothing wrong with that, I know your phone is your computer. I probably spend around 5~6 hours a day on the computer posting on various forums and working on my websites. 

It won’t be too much longer till I’m on a computer again. I’m hoping to get one in June or July. I can’t wait to actually type on a real keyboard again instead of a phone keyboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpvr said:

It won’t be too much longer till I’m on a computer again. I’m hoping to get one in June or July. I can’t wait to actually type on a real keyboard again instead of a phone keyboard. 

I bet I know how hard it was for me to type on my phone before I got my mini PC last May. So I can not wait for you to get your PC. 😎 Are you going to get a PC or a MAC?

22 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

I bet I know how hard it was for me to type on my phone before I got my mini PC last May. So I can not wait for you to get your PC. 😎 Are you going to get a PC or a MAC?

I’m a get a PC.  I’ve never used a Mac before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soulwatcher said:

I have been a PC guy all my life and I also have never used a Mac.

Same here. PC’s are the best. One of my buddies told me that you can’t even upgrade the RAM on a Mac. That’s so stupid! He recently got a macbook.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

One of my buddies told me that you can’t even upgrade the RAM on a Mac.

That is pretty crazy if you ask me, I can even upgrade the RAM on my mini PC if I want to. But there is no need because it has 16GB of RAM.

Way! Too! Many! 

That's how many hours I'm on my phone every day. However, at least 2 of it is with our grandson. We either talk or play Minecraft together every single day. We are very attached and if we don't get to talk on any given day, it's hard for both of us. But I also do Facebook, play other phone games, and I'm on Google a ton! I read the news and research a lot of things.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elseb said:

A lot more than i would care to admit, it's got better since i left social media though so that's a good thing!

I only keep social media to talk to our kids on instant messenger. I would say I look at social media 1~3 times a month if I am not posting weight loss stuff.

On 4/28/2024 at 10:17 AM, Elseb said:

A lot more than i would care to admit, it's got better since i left social media though so that's a good thing!

How many hours a day were you spending on social media? I know that once I get started at looking at tiktok or facebook videos, it takes me a while to stop watching them. 🤣

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cpvr said:

How many hours a day were you spending on social media? I know that once I get started at looking at tiktok or facebook videos, it takes me a while to stop watching them. 🤣

Not sure how many hours but i was constantly mindlessly scrolling, very happy I've pushed that to the side and don't think about it anymore!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elseb said:

Not sure how many hours but i was constantly mindlessly scrolling, very happy I've pushed that to the side and don't think about it anymore!

Good for you my friend, I had to do that with video games, I was spending 10 hours a day on them.  I just started playing again yesterday but for only a couple of hours and that's what I am going to limit myself to every day.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:12 AM, Elseb said:

That’s good bro! I know I disable notifications on Instagram and I barely use it these days, but I still use Facebook & Tiktok. I can’t help it though, a lot of the videos have me glued. I usually only go on there at night nowadays. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cpvr said:

That’s good bro! I know I disable notifications on Instagram and I barely use it these days, but I still use Facebook & Tiktok. I can’t help it though, a lot of the videos have me glued. I usually only go on there at night nowadays. 

Do you ever do it before bed? Does it affect your sleep?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:00 PM, Elseb said:

Do you ever do it before bed? Does it affect your sleep?

I always put my phone on do not disturb before I go to bed, so I don’t see or hear any notifications until I wake up. It only bothers me if I forget to turn it on though, but usually I have it set to turn on at a specific time.

4 hours ago, Cpvr said:

I always put my phone on do not disturb before I go to bed, so I don’t see or hear any notifications until I wake up. It only bothers me if I forget to turn it on though, but usually I have it set to turn on at a specific time.

I get you. I've heard using your phone before bed can over stimulate your brain so you can struggle to get any sleep.