Have you ever had a bird?

Soulwatcher

Probably 20+ years ago I had 2 lovebirds and OMG even though they were covered at night they would wake me up in the morning every day. But they were fun birds, they used to come out of the cage and sit on my shoulder or fingers. One of them ended up getting sick and died, and about 2 months later the other lovebird died of a broken heart. If I had known that was going to happen, I would have bought him another mate. How about you? Have you ever had a bird?

• Sad 1

On 4/14/2024 at 8:56 AM, Lee said:

We had a parrot when I was a young child

Could it talk? I have always wanted a parrot because they can talk. I will never be allowed to own a bird again unless I move because you can't have birds where we live.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:22 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Nope and I wouldn't want one, their chirping would drive me crazy.

One of my buddies’ used to tell me that one of his birds used to wake him up everyday around 6am or 7am by chirping. He didn’t need an alarm clock🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cpvr said:

One of my buddies used to tell me that one of his birds used to wake him up every day around 6 am or 7 am by chirping. He didn’t need an alarm clock🤣

My love birds used to do the same thing even with them being covered. They chirped as soon as the sun came out lol.🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Soulwatcher said:

My love birds used to do the same thing even with them being covered. They chirped as soon as the sun came out lol.🤣

It’s time to wake up! That’s all according to the birds. I couldn’t imagine going to bed late, then them waking you up early. Gotta love it!🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cpvr said:

It’s time to wake up! That’s all according to the birds. I couldn’t imagine going to bed late, then them waking you up early. Gotta love it!🤣

I don't know if love is the right word lol. 🤣 But I got used to it and if I stayed up late I would take a nap during the day. 😎

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 8:32 PM, Soulwatcher said:

I don't know if love is the right word lol. 🤣 But I got used to it and if I stayed up late I would take a nap during the day. 😎

I’d have to keep some ear plugs if I had pet birds. That chirping would get on my nerves lol. I still would love to have a pet bird one day🤣

• Haha 1